Sunday, December 28, 2014

My Hair Care Routine!

Hello Lovely Readers!

     I'm here today with my hair care routine! Yay!

About my hair:

     I have very thick and curly/wavy hair.  I was using normal shampoos on it, but we discovered I needed to use ethnic products! What a lifesaver! It is also quite long.. Just above my hips to be exact =D So yes, it can be a pain, but to me it's worth it! I usually wash it every day or two.

Products I use:

     I alternate occasionally between 2 shampoos.. Just depends on my hair needs.

  • SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo- I love this stuff! The smell is wonderful, and it works amazing! $10.49 from Ulta Beauty
  • SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo- I love this as well, but it can be heavy.. So I only use this when my hair is in a really bad state (frizzy, breaking, brittle, etc.). Be prepared…it does have a strong scent. $10.49 from Ulta Beauty
  • SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Treatment Masque- I use this about once or twice a month.. I've used it once already, and I really enjoyed it! Sometimes if my ends are looking not so nice I'll stick some on like conditioner and yippee happy ends! I really love the smell of this one!! $12.99 from Ulta Beauty 
  • SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie-Works wonderfully at keeping my hair shiny, less frizzy, and stronger... Can't say it completely tames the frizz but helps. Also works with making better ringlets.   $11.99 at Ulta Beauty (again lol!) 
     That's it for products! I really wanna try some other SheaMoisture products eventually.. I really enjoy this company! Most of there products are Gluten Free, and they don't contain bad or harsh chemicals!

Brushes:
  • Goody Ouchless Finishing Brush- This is definitely tried and true for me! I love how this brush works. I hardly ever feel any tangles or knots while brushing, it just glides thru! $5.04 from Walmart 
  • Goody Finish Gel Cushion Brush- I like this brush... It could be better in my opinion, but it seems to work well... I do notice when there's a tangle or knot with this one. I really haven't noticed a reduction in frizz when using it either. I mainly use this when trying to get my hair smoother on the top.  $4.82 from Walmart
Extras:

     So I stopped ALL heat in July, not that I overly used it, pretty much occasional curling with a Revlon iron or Hot Sticks. I've really been trying to cut back on split ends! Yet, I was missing the curls to be honest!
     Then one day I came across an Erin Bates hair tutorial video... Oh my! Such gorgeous curls! She uses Foam Rollers! You don't need heat at all! So for Christmas I asked for them, and my sweet parents got me some. With all this hair I have two sets! There not uncomfortable to sleep on at all and easy to use! Erin also has a how to take your curlers out video (definitely the best!)... Her two fingers curl trick works so well! Actually as I'm writing this I have super fun, healthy, and bouncy curls!! yay! 

  • Link to Erin's videos- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSlHuqShpkrcXwf8EYlXM6A
  • Conair Foam Roller, 48 pack-  $3.82 from Walmart.com

That's all for now…
What are your favorite hair products? I'd love to hear :)

 *I am not affiliated with any of these companies, all these opinions are my own.*


No comments:

Post a Comment